The perfect balance of savory and sweet, Rosemary Roasted Butternut squash is a cinch to make and is a perfect, versatile batch-cooking item to have on hand to add to meals all week long. Butternut squash is a colorful, starchy vegetable, which means it is not only super-fueling, but also loaded with plenty of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Ways to enjoy this easy recipe:
- As a colorful, veggie addition to any basic meal, especially delicious with roasted chicken, turkey, or pork
- Add to a comforting, nourishing bowl meal, along with other veggies, protein of your choice (for example, egg, tofu, tempeh, poultry, pork, beef, or lamb, etc.). Drizzle bowl with a delicious sauce or dressing, and add some beans, too if you like.
- Add to a breakfast bowl, with eggs and sauteed greens.
- Roll it over into a soup: puree with broth, and add a splash of something creamy like cream or coconut milk
- Add to a salad
- Mash it, and use as a “bed” at the bottom of your plate, and top with grilled meats and other veggies.
- Use it in place of tomato sauce on a flatbread or pizza. Mash the cooked squash, spread on your pita/dough/crust, and add cheese and mushrooms for an amazing combination!
what you’ll need
- butternut squash (Buy pre-cut for a helpful shortcut!)
- rosemary (preferrably fresh, but dried works, too)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- sheet pan (These are the best ones, and a great value!*) *I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.