Quick-pickled red onions are an easy, delicious way to add a bright, tangy burst of flavor to a savory dish that needs that perfect finishing touch. It’s amazing how the small addition of something acidic can transform a meal!
Here are a few ways you can enjoy this simple side:
- top your tacos or tostadas
- add to pork carnitas (grab my easy carnitas recipe here)
- top a bean salad (snag my recipe for easy, pantry-friendly bean salad here)
- add to a grain salad or to a hearty kale salad
- layer them in your sandwich
- use as a topping for your avocado toast
Store your pickled onions in a glass or ceramic jar. Plastic will absorb the flavors, and a metal container will likely react with the vinegar.