If you get a little too excited about all things sweet & salty (yup, me too), this is THE snack for you. Sure, you can buy roasted nuts at the store, but they won’t taste anywhere near as good as these. And store-bought nuts have likely been roasted in less-than-stellar quality oil (go check that ingredient list on those nuts in your pantry now!). Plus, these are so easy to make, and involve no clean up, really, if you line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
As far as snacks go, you can’t go wrong with nuts. They’re loaded with satiating, nourishing good fats, and a bit of protein and carbs, too. When roasted, spiced, and salted, they satisfy that snack-time hankering for something crunchy and flavorful. And that curry powder can help fight inflammation and aid digestion.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces I get mine at Trader Joe's
- 1 tbsp of curry @frontiercoop is my absolute favorite.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (again Trader Joe’s FTW)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- . Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl, and then whisk in the remaining ingredients except for the cashews.
- Dump the cashews onto the baking sheet. Pour your spice/oil mixture over the cashews, and gently mix together with a spatula, ensuring that the nuts are completely coated. Spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake at 250F for approximately 40 minutes, or until the cashews look toasted, and appear mostly dry.